Sunday, March 4, 2018

Sideway

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I think we have all heard that idiom before.  What a load of dead carp.  The King of Cups is a symbol of mastery of emotions, and some cup king most likely invented the saying.  I don't know about anyone else, but just about every man I have ever encountered that was a Cancer was a momma's boy. Easy enough to say  suck it up and not cry" when you go home and boo hoo into mommy's skirt. 
That which doesn't kill you, changes you, it doesn't make you stronger.  Sometimes it makes you hide out deep in the watery depths of your emotions.  If I run across this king today with some flippant comment, I will tell him to take a 'long walk off a short pier' - another 'pearl of wisdom'


Celestial Tarot - Kay Steventon & Brian Clark



4 comments:

  1. my mother was a great one for suck it up, phrased as put a smile on it. I'm glad for her she was strong enough to believe that was all there was to it. And that I'm strong enough to know a lot more is necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It comes from the ancestors. Those who had to leave Europe because there was famine and world wars, then to make it across the Atlantic, and find that life in the new world was strange and harsh. All they could do it suck it up. Something else we all carry within out psyche, the Ancestors fear and utter sense of helplessness. Let's try to cast it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is a Cancer, kind and gentle but tough when it's called for.😊

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...