Sunday, January 21, 2018

Gazelle

The Traveller

What a lovely place to start with a new deck, The Fool, or in this authors take, The Traveller,  Keywords Adventure-Potential. It is always an adventure to open a new deck and see what and how it speaks to you.  Enchanting colored pencil artwork, gives each card a soft fuzzy feeling. In this deck only animals are featured on each of the 78 cards, and the pips also have the counted symbols for each suit.  The cards are lovely, too soft to be used as Tarot in my opinion, but to each their own. After going through the deck the other day, I thought they would all be lovely as individual gift cards to be included in my mailings to friends, family and different acquaintances.
Does a leaping gazelle remind me of The Fool beginning on a new adventure?  Maybe maybe not, though they both are taking a leap.


SPIRITSONG Tarot - Paulina Cassidy

4 comments:

  1. I think this is the deck with a goat. Her art is too fine for my eyes but I sure admire her skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No goats in the Majors. The ace of Acorns(wands) is a wand. Ace of Feathers(cups) is a billy goat The artwork is lovely. But most card descriptions and the booklet follow the RWS. So if one is not familiar with RWS it could be confusing.

      Delete
  2. Lovely artwork. :) How's the little booklet that comes with the deck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little bit more in depth than the RWS lwb. Her system is based on RWS, so one would need the basics of that first. Again I think they would be lovely little gifts for book markers or talisman cards.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...