Thursday, November 2, 2017

Reading, writing, and arithmetic

Learn all that you can, cause they can't take that away from you.

One of the things I am most grateful for is learning to read.  Ah the written word, it can teach much, inform just about everything, and take you just about anywhere. 
Nothing better than to immerse myself in the written word and let the pages turn and take me on an adventure, mystery, murder, mayhem, magics, travel, arrival, discovery.

"Nourish the mind like you would nourish your body.  The mind cannot survive on junk food." Jim Rohn





Fariy Tarot Cards - Doreen Virtue & Radleigh Valentine




8 comments:

  1. Literacy is high on the top of my gratitude list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had a small country bookmobile that came around every two weeks, whose bounty carried me everywhere in the world when school was out.
    The driver would tell mom I couldn't check out the books I'd chosen because they were above my age level. Mom said nonsense. I was mad about Cherry Ames and Nancy Drew :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strong young women finding there way in the World. Really great gals to have as an example to a young girl's mind.

      Delete
  3. Perhaps there's one thing I am grateful for even more and that's having taught little children how to read; To witness that magical moment when they "get it"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I connected with a couple of my nieces and nephews with reading, well all of them when they were little loved to be read too, only a couple of them continued on when they could read themselves.

      Delete
  4. This was my first deck... why I always think of/identify with the page of pentacles as a bookworm and scholar. Is she flinging another coin towards amazon? Or spinning a nugget of wisdom from the books she already has?

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...