Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Opposition

Sometimes the best argument is to not argue at all.

This morning drifting in an out of sleep I came across an encounter whilst driving.  I pulled into a parking lot and heading down a narrow lane, someone ahead was coming from the opposite direction, so I pulled to the side to give a leave-way and the gal driving began to slow down, and then kind of angled her car across the drive and blocked the lane. She pulled out her phone and ignored me sitting there in my car waiting.  As I sat there trying to decide to honk the horn, get out and ask her "what the heck" or just back up and get on with it, a part of me realized I was having a dream.  Now in dreams everyone you encounter is supposed to be a facet of oneself.  So if I am blocking me, what is the me of me trying to tell me?   We can never win an argument with ourselves.

The Sacred Circle Tarot

7 comments:

  1. Your dream reminds me of a story Pema Chodron told:

    There’s a Zen story in which a man is enjoying himself on a river at dusk. He sees another boat coming down the river toward him. At first it seems so nice to him that someone else is also enjoying the river on a nice summer evening.

    Then he realizes that the boat is coming right toward him, faster and faster. He begins to yell, “Hey, hey, watch out! For Pete’s sake, turn aside!” But the boat just comes right at him, faster and faster.
    By this time he’s standing up in his boat, screaming and shaking his fist, and then the boat smashes right into him. He sees that it’s an empty boat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which reminds me of quote by Mark Twain.
      "A lot of horrible things have happened to me. Some of them actually happened."

      Delete
  2. I had a three year lesson in passive-aggressive when I was taking care of Rob's dad. He would always say if something was bothering, She wouldn't, just looks and silence and more looks. Which one was constantly being hit by an empty boat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all let things bombard us. I mentioned this the other day. People seem to be more combative lately and I think a lot of it has to do with the political climate. I don't want their boat load of BS coming my way.

      Delete
  3. another question might be....She pulled out her phone: what part of you were you calling or texting and why?
    I always love the idea that everything and everybody in our dream is an aspect of ourselves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good question. Several things in that dream for me to ponder.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...