Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Nostalgia

What is past is past, or is it?

Most of the tarot sixes give us moment.  I have been looking at these six cups and the only movement I can really begin to conclude is my mind's remembrance of something in my memories.  If we spend too long in the past can one get stuck there? You betcha.  Most decks and tarotist give Nostalgia as the meaning behind this card.  Good times or not so good, the past is part and parcel of who we are, but not where we should live.

Any opinions on what that tower is doing in the backdrop of this card? Maybe it is a remembrance of a tower moment?




The Sacred Circle Tarot

8 comments:

  1. Curious. Is there a companion book. I think these cards are supposed to represent real Celtic places?
    My cheat sheet says sixes are Awareness. If we are in the moment rather than yesterday or tomorrow we have a more better ability to correct and control today. My message today also.

    I'm glad you are using this deck, I've never had it because I can't stand the borders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The borders on these cards remind of a picture frame. Drawing you into just that moment.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The companion book does describe Sacred places in Celtic, Irish, Normandy,and Brittany history. Not all the pips have some backdrop info, this card did not give a clue to the Tower. There is a tower in the RWS six of cups as part of village background. Other than that idk.

      Delete
  3. The older I get the more fragments of my past pass me by when I sit down and relax. Often they are positive memories and if not I get up and go do something. Perhaps the tower is symbolizing the possible imprisonment in your own past when "everything used to be better"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the 'tower' is the collection bin of this n that

      Delete
  4. Perhaps the tower is a way to see what is coming rather than the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, but I would hope that the tower moment is in the past, still unexpected things are just part of Life.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...