Thursday, September 14, 2017

Jingle Jangle

That is the phrase I heard when I looked at this card. So I went out to the www and wanted to see where the expression originated.

I always associated the phrase with the jingle of coins in my pocket, you know when you are standing in line with nothing much to do but wait (this was before the cell phone) and you just jingled the coins in your pants pocket.
Upon discovery Jingle Jangle was a tune performed by the Archies back in the 1960's.  There is also a song named Jingle, Jangle, Jingle performed by lots of old country western singers that refers to the sound their spurs make while horse back riding, also I think back in the 60's.  I think the Archie's song came first so I don't know if there was ever a suit for infringement.  Anyway, I going to take a nod from the card and go out and jingle jangle some of my coins today and come back home with less than I started with.


FAIRY Tarot - Doreen Virtue & Radleigh Valentine

5 comments:

  1. Yes this could be a perfect day to treat your self! Enjoy yourself while spending some coins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far hair cut, new outfit, lunch with friends. Had to stop to do a couple hours of work and then dinner with family for sisters birthday. It's a good day.

      Delete
  2. Reminds me of when I was a kid. When my grandpa would take an afternoon nap, I later checked his recliner or sofa for loose change that fell beneath the cushions. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a really good memory. I wonder if he knew you searched for coins and sometimes slipped a few for you to find.

      Delete
    2. He was such a kind and gentle man, I can imagine him doing just that!

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...