Saturday, May 27, 2017

Lighten the load

"In both the practical and emotional situation the person has taken the burdens on her or himself. He or she has made the situation and needs to realize that other approaches are still possible." -Seventy Eight Degrees of Wisdom ~ Rachel Pollack

I have carried such burdens most of my adulting life, adulting being the clue. I picked up each of those sticks myself, no one handed them to me.  So in turn it is now time to lay down those all those things that I had to do or thought I had to do. 










Rider Waite-Smith Tarot

6 comments:

  1. We are raised to lighten everybody's load. "Should's" are often going against our own wishes and saying no isn't easy but now it is time to pick up the Ace of this suit and choose what we want to do; what is good for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as the Ace is not one of the sticks I just laid down. Holding on to a thing thinking I am the only one who can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thought we had to do, that is the crux isn't it. easy to forget the world moves on with or without us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To think a thing makes it so? All we have to do is drive by a graveyard and realize that the world does move on without us.

      Delete
  4. My brain is imprinted with doing things a certain way and all the 'shoulds' I've heard my whole life. Time to play a game of pick-up-sticks and see which ones are worth continuing to carry with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard that a saying "not to 'should' all over ourselves." Most of the crap we carry around are of our own making.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...