Monday, May 1, 2017

Breathe

A truly lovely and enchanting card, reminding me that breathing is the most natural thing that I can do.  We breathe in and out 10 to 15 times a minute without even noticing.

I picked up several books at the library the other day and started reading a new one over weekend.  The Book of JOY.  Lasting Happiness In A Changing World - The Dalai Lama & Desmond Tutu with Douglas Abrams.    It is about the week long meeting of these two spiritual giants in 2015 that met to celebrate the eightieth birthday of The Dalai Lama. 
The Dalai Lama meditates five hours each morning and The Archbishop Desmond Tutu has a four hour practice.  Whew.  I find it challenging to get a half hour in here and there.  I wonder if during their meditation as with the fairy they are at one with the cosmos.  I am sure they find themselves from time to time amongst the stars giving them the wider perspective of...well everything.   Breathe


WISDOM of the ORACLE - Collete Baron-Reid

4 comments:

  1. I love both of these wise, kind men. :) I imagine having so many people looking to you for guidance might necessitate such a long meditation or prayer period!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The discipline it takes and the love. Meditating and praying for the well being of all.

      Delete
  2. I admire what has been the result of that concentration, in their thoughtful words. A lifetime of dedication to the time.
    I keep typing and keep taking it out..best leave well enough alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the words and typing just don't come out right.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...