Friday, March 17, 2017

Unselfconsciousness

Letting go without regret.

"When one door closes another door opens, but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

This quote is more often true than not.  I live with some regrets.  I think I have moved beyond them and then they raise up from the darkened corners of my memories and I realize what a strangle-hold some still have on me.  There are many wedged in between the years of my life.
I look at this feather and ponder if a bird ever sat on a tree limb and thought, 'damn I lost another feather.'  I can see the wisdom of not living in regret; letting those little bits of this n that drift away on the current of the wind.  I find that I still identify with some of them and gather them and tuck them away to haunt me another day.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I quit counting the new gray hairs and wrinkles after tornado. Now that kind of stress and regret really adds up as you know full well battling cancer.

      Delete
  2. I have some serious regrets too but each time they raise up again they are a tidbit softer than before. Some even seems to transform slowly into ordinary memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They grow softer or my memory grows dimmer. I laugh at some of them, and others still have a tight grip.

      Delete
  3. That feather reminds me of a scene at the beginning and end of Forest Gump, someone who was the perfect example of not being self-conscious. :)

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...