Thursday, March 9, 2017

Found treasures

Find a penny pick it up

I posted this ditty the other day,
Find a penny pick it up, all day long I will have good luck.
Maybe I will find a lucky penny today.
A small nugget of wisdom or truth might pass my way.
A token of appreciation
Maybe a gesture of gratitude.
A bit of this or that!

I keep hearing the nursery rhyme when I look at this card -
A-tisket a-tasket
A green and yellow basket
I wrote a letter to my love
and on the way I dropped it
I dropped it, I dropped it,
and on the way I dropped it.
A little boy he picked it up
and put it in his pocket.


The Fairy Tarot

5 comments:

  1. When I learned many popular nursery rhymes were the populace's way of making digs at those in power or passing news around in a newsless society I felt like I'd been robbed and stopped reading them. I had a pointless temper even when I was shorter than I am currently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well good morning to you. That is all in the past, let it go. Maybe today you can write a little love note and put it in hubby's pocket.
      When I drew the card today I heard the nursery rhyme and it kept playing in my head. Curious. Maybe I will stop and get me a green and yellow Easter basket and fill it with little goodies.

      Delete
  2. Had to go dig up 'windfall': Originally literal, in reference to wood or fruit blown down by the wind, and thus free to all. Figurative sense of "unexpected acquisition" is recorded from 1540s. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Windfall was the other one I was searching for, just didn't make it to the front of cerebral cortex and I like unexpected acquisition.

      Delete
  3. She looks so happy there sitting on her book stack enjoying those nuggets of wisdom

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...