Monday, January 9, 2017

Pilgrimage

Dream Weaver.

I recently completed a pilgrimage to the Sea.  My sacred place.  The Fool depicted here is a Shaman who has visited her sacred place to connect or reconnect with the natural elements.  A time honored tradition to reawaken Spirit.  That is one of things vacations are about, vacating ones life.  Still I could have used a few more days in alone time to finish my 'vision quest.'  Work and home called to me so I must finish my Fool's adventure here in my sacred place of home.

"If we live with a hopeful assumption that what we do with our lives is important and has meaning, and if we act accordingly with integrity, hope, courage, and compassion, then 'divine intervention' provides answers when we have difficulties."  Shinoda Bolden (The Tao of Psychology)





Sacred Sites Tarot ~ Lo  Scarabeo
  

5 comments:

  1. the sad thing is here I am saying over and over I'm just a grain of sand, When your and Shinoda's words suggest we are looking through the wrong end of the binoculars. A better view is to think our life IS important regardless of who we are or how our ripples meet others. I may be having an epiphany. I'm going to write my own post then run off and be really important, all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If not for each individual piece of sand there would be no beach, no place for Ocean and Earth to meet. There would be no place for us to live. Maybe we are a grain of sand but without us there would be nothing.

      Delete
  2. Pilgrimages and quests give us time to sort out and gain insights, then we take what we've learned back into our world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I gave myself enough time in mindfulness. I got restless and my plans were made. Next time I am going to stay until I release that restlessness and peace prevails.

      Delete
  3. Maybe you can extend your pilgrimage by taking long walks and regular baths by candlelight to moisturize your tail :)

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...