Sunday, January 29, 2017

outrageous fortune

A Chinese legend relates that in ancient times there were nine suns in the sky. Scorched by the suns, Earth was almost bare and lifeless. Hon Yi, husband of the moon goddess, took his bow and arrow and shot down eight of the nine suns. With only one sun in the sky, Earth was saved. (lwb)

Reminds me my thoughts are not just random arrows loosed on the ethers.  Those arrows/thoughts come back to me.  Nine suns makes me think of the nine cups in the yesterday's card.  I wrote nine individual wishes and placed one in each of the nine cups. Now, I think with this card maybe each day I need to pull one of those slips of paper and focus just on that wish.  Or maybe what one thing can I do in my life to bring more sunshine to my days.  I know the answer to that right away.  I am a sugar addict. If I took my arrow and removed some of the sugar I consume each day,  oh how much better I would be.









The CHINESE Tarot Deck - Jui Guoliang

6 comments:

  1. That sounds smart; with fewer 'irons in the fire' more focus can be placed on one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read a in several different pieces of literature to figure out what 'one thing ' can make a difference.

      Delete
  2. I think I read somewhere that three goals is the max number of things we can productively focus on. Might have posted this to you before (sorry if repeating myself). If you focus on your top wish(es) you're not abandoning the others (and they might start 'cooking' by themselves now they are written down...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three goals, three wishes. Maybe I will find the magic lamp. Oh that would be something.

      Delete
  3. great idea for the extension of the 9 cups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coincidences are always best to pay attention to.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...