Saturday, January 21, 2017

Companions

The Goddess Tarot was the very first deck I bought myself.  Well actually I kind of won it.  I went to a community business fair at Indiana University Southeast years ago and entered a raffle and I won a gift certificate to a local bookstore.  A few months before this, I had sat for a reading and was fascinated with artistry of the tarot cards. So whilst browsing through the bookstore, there was this deck, The Goddess Tarot, which became my first.
I loved all the imagery; this card was my very favorite, well maybe The Star too.  I was quite taken with this image of Venus and especially her little dog companion sleeping beneath the edge of her bed.  Love comes to us in many forms.  Most seek fulfillment with another human being, yet this seductive card of Venus shows we can be happy on our own or better yet with a different sort of loving companion.
Today, may be one of those self indulgent days.  Maybe I will go to the pet store...


The GODDESS Tarot -Kris Waldherr

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you will! I like this card because it is titled Love rather than the standard Lovers. Love encompasses so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've rarely had a time on my life when I didn't have a pet. They do provide great love and companionship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The love we receive of a pet is so unconditional. I never would have though I would love M's little dog so much and even more amazing: He loves me too!!
    Are you cat of a dog person or maybe both??

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...