Thursday, December 1, 2016

Yoda

What is something new I can learn today?

I have never seen the giant Redwoods out West.  Those wonderful sages of nature;  I am sure a wonder to behold.  If I went to the woods - would I find a beloved wise woman perched beneath a tree offering me a lesson on life?  I don't recall really ever drawing the Hierophant or in this deck the Teacher.  I look forward to meeting this individual today or maybe something new in the offing will be presented to me today.
Mostly I am open to learning something new, but I am sorry - the first thing I would have to ask is why would you sit on the grass in white pants?  Maybe it was spur of the moment thing.  Maybe she remembered to carry a sitting pad with her on her walk.  Maybe such a spiritual person doesn't worry about grass stains.  Maybe that is the lesson the Teacher is passing on to me, not to get hung up on the mundane things and live only in the moment under the Tree of Life.

Journey through the Gaian Tarot - Joanna Powell Colbert




2 comments:

  1. I can just imagine this teacher saying "In the big picture, what is truly important?" as well as "Can you find the good even amid challenges?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in the redwood forests. Once you are surrounded by them, they all look the same.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...