Friday, December 2, 2016

How did this happen?

Decisions made today become part of who I am tomorrow. With that in mind I will remember I am today because of decisions of my yesterdays.

Yesterday I attended a breakfast meeting with other Real Estate agents in the area.  Of the eight of us at the table only two of us actually listened to the presentation, the others spent their time engaged with their phones and as I looked around the room it was similar at other tables.  At one point years ago I too was always tethered to my phone, not so now.  I can turn it off and put it away and give my attention to what is at hand.
It reminded me again to pay attention to what is front and center because that is where the real magic of tomorrow is; what I am doing right now.


6 comments:

  1. Today Bev called the now a "cushion a safety" and situated between the regrets of the past and the worries for the future it is indeed the best place to be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometimes maybe, but the frontier-out there, seems pretty good place to be as well, otherwise it gets boring.

      Delete
  2. My niece went on a first date with a guy to a concert. Instead of listening and enjoying the music, he spent the whole time taking pictures and uploading them to Facebook. She won't be going out on a second date with him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for her. If his interest is else where why bother with him.

      Delete
  3. I was at a breast cancer luncheon and the featured speaker stopped and took a call. Obviously a non-emergency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad commentary. So many people tuning each other out, no wonder we are such a sad state of affairs. If something is so much more important than go do that.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...