Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Gratitude

One year ago today on November 1st I began this blog.  I started with 30 Days of Gratitude since  Thanksgiving is celebrated in November.  The picture below is the same I used last year with my first post.   

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." - Thorton Wilder

I notice that when I am being more conscious and aware of the blessings that are all around me, I become even more aware of so much more.  If I am thankful for the Sun that lights the Earth, then I also become aware that the Sun does more, heats the Earth, gives balance to the Seasons, beautiful sunsets, assists in the growth of plants...and from there - the plants feed us, feed birds and bees, shade us, house us...and that list can go on.  One intentional act of gratitude can make us aware of many things leading to awareness of many more things.
So I will express gratitude often and continue to look for more to be thankful for every day this month.

5 comments:

  1. One of my practices I try to do when my mind is in overdrive is to pause, take a breath, and take a 360 degree look around at what I can be grateful for right then. Glad you started your blog, as I look forward to reading your thoughts about life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yours as well. I will give that 360° look around a try today. It will help me get over that emotional hangover of Saturday which I am still dealing with.

      Delete
  2. I too am happy you put yourself 'out there' for us to get to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, like a new circle of friends that I am grateful for.

      Delete
    2. Congratulations on your 'first anniversary'! How many new bloggers stick with it and achieve that? Here's to many more :)

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...