Saturday, November 19, 2016

Higher Power

I think I do but do I really know who I am?

I recently read that 12% of our mind is consciousness and 88% is subconsciousness.  So if most of my brain activity is on a level of unawareness, do I really know who I am?  And if I go beyond that and remember that we purported to have around sixty thousand thoughts a day and 90% of those are repeating thoughts I almost feel like maybe they are telling us we are automatons.  Are we really in the Matrix?  Thank goodness I don't believe everything I read but it does give me pause for thought.
I do think there is a Higher Power that is helping me along and I am thankful for all the assistance I can get.  Even though most of what I read I have to take with a 'pinch of salt',  I am grateful that I have a questing mind and continue to search for my truth.

The other day the news used the word post-truth, which is a new axiom that is being used.  I don't get it.  Two hyphenated words is a new word?  Truth is truth as we see it, whether pre or post?

4 comments:

  1. post-truth. That is a good one. Fake it till you make it? Waiting until the intended damage is done, and say 'just kidding' and 'can't you take a joke'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly when I heard it 'fake it till you make it' The word post-truth is used mostly in politics. Brexit and the recent Presidental election dramatics. And being linked to politics says it all about the meaning post-truth

      Delete
  2. Post-truth - made me laugh. Is that like the bruised egg on your noggin when life whacks me with a 2 x 4 of reality? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't figure it out. A 2 x 4 reality...I have been whacked with that one before.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...