Thursday, October 6, 2016

Prudence

When I first drew this 7 of Discs I wondered for a bit how the two images related to each other.  After immersing myself in the card I became overwhelmed with melancholy; what loneliness prevails in these two images.

Front and center one disc stands apart from the six.  They all appear to be the same yet one is not part of the others.  Separated by design or oversight?  The Quoits, standing stones, have always reminded me of Stone People waiting for the return of others.  Keeping a vigilant watch for others that never returned. Separated, but hopeful.
Is there a part of us that we keep unto ourselves?  Is that what makes us unique and if we dare to share that spark of individuality will we be shunned or ridiculed?  I just looked at the word individuality and see individual and duality(something to ponder).
There are some in this world who only have lived in shadow never experiencing the light.
I for one, am grateful to feel the pangs of sorrow, for to know sorrow means I have also felt the flush and glow of joy.

Prudence: wisdom and good judgement

6 comments:

  1. "We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone." Orson Welles
    So we'd better try to become best friend with ourselves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are always connected to Spirit, but get lost along the way.

      Delete
  2. I'm thinking, but am too tired to type :) Belgrade Montana tonight.
    Tea will revive me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew Wee, other side of Bozeman. Your sights are on home. There is snow in the mountains around Bozeman, and lions, no tigers, and bears. Safe travels.

      Delete
  3. I always think of the three stones supporting the massing weight of the horizontal slab together. Thank goodness for those willing to stand with us while we wait.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...