Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Everybody turn to page nine

Teacher/Student
When the student is ready the teacher will arrive.
I wonder who  is the teacher and who is the student? The booklet says one is The Hermit and the other is a monk.

I think of the Monk and the Hermit as interchangeable titles for a person that has withdrawn to study, to tune into the subtle energies of the Universe.  To seek to know the unknown.  I guess we can give a variety of meanings to those that take the inner path of enlightenment.  I am drawn to the donkey in the picture, with the red fringed adornment. Quite and steady and follows a path only known to the donkey.  Also with the three they are definitely placed in a downward triangle notating the unconscious mind.  Not sure about the symbolism on the Hermits lantern.  Three Hermits, three trees, and the triangle all notating the Trinity.  Mind, body, spirit...and other such interpretations of three's, including this, that, and the other.
Guess I may hear from a teacher today in whatever guise the the Hermit may be in.  Pay attention Carolyn

Thank goodness for teachers.  They take us from the home of childhood and give us a strong foundation of the possibilities of learning.

The Marco Polo Tarot - Lo Scarabeo

6 comments:

  1. maybe the monk is the abolishment of knowledge? I don't know much about them except they seem to flee life and its daily lessons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a thought. I think most individuals that choose to live that life of seclusion really miss something. But then if we didn't have those that live their life in service and prayer, this Planet Earth would have already spun of it's axis.

      Delete
  2. Or you might be teaching some one something important today. Perhaps even without knowing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a quick lesson on patience. I like to get things done and tidy and put away, but others have a slower pace. Waiting is a challenge for me.

      Delete
  3. I hope I never stop being a student. :)

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...