Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Ticket to ride

Today marks the last full day of Summer for 2016.  The Autumnal Equinox tomorrow September 22 at 10:21 am (EST) marks the turn of the season. Still feels like Summer with ninety degree days forecasted for the next week or so.
Seasons change and with them the way we look at our day to day lives.  With Summer we still have reminiscing memories of childhood summers, swimming and chasing lightning bugs. Getting to stay out later and hide 'n seek in our backyards.  Autumn brings its joy of cooler days and beautiful kaleidoscopes of changing colors, thoughts of campfires and jumping in piles of raked leaves.  When Fall really sets in I love the mellow smell mixed in those soft breezes of change. I love the autumn though it is always mixed with a bit of dismay for the forthcoming winter.  For the moment though it is pumpkin spice and everything nice. 
Today I drew the Chariot which is quite appropriate for my thoughts on the change of season.  Time moves on and I am grateful to be alive for the ride.

Card is from Sue Lions eartheart oracle cards.

                                                               Bye Bye Summer!


7 comments:

  1. Please order 72 and clear for our get together :) Your blog has been brilliant all week, I like the card shown with a different view all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you. There are auguries and oracles all around us. Coincidences too numerous to mention. 'red sky at night, sailors delight' 'blood on the moon' eclipses... looking behind the curtain of magic and mystery.

      Delete
  2. You gals give each other a hug from me! :)
    I too enjoy your slant on things, Carolyn.
    Hurrah for autumn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice. You are farther south than me somewhere in Georgia and so you too have the enduring heat wave, but soon... Chicago is getting hit with storms as a cold front drifts down from the north. Soon those blustery days will be upon us with change.

      Delete
  3. Yay Autumn is here!! I feel so much more like me again
    Are you meeting up with Sharyn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't feel anything near to Autumn in my neck of the woods. Sharyn is going to be in the area in a few weeks so yes I will get the chance to meet her, lucky for me. There are a couple of quilt museums in the area and so she will be close so we are going to meet and meet up.

      Delete
    2. Wow that is so great. I hope you'll have a wonderful time together!!

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...