Thursday, July 21, 2016

Shake it all about

"You put your right foot in, you take your right foot out
  you put your right foot in and you shake it all about.
  You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself about
   that's what it's all about."

When I saw this card I thought ' I need to start a exercise program.'  This gal is in her workout garb and is on top of a huge balance ball.  I thought where do I, how do I, what do I do to get started and the Hokey Pokey song popped in my head.  Something as simple as putting my right foot in will get me started.  Forget the all those hard pressed workout videos and just get up and do simply things or the silly Hokey Pokey routine.
I don't have to make it harder than it has to be.
One foot in front of the other is all it takes.

GATEWAY Oracle Cards - Denise Linn

5 comments:

  1. And maybe the best way to exceed expectations is not to set yourself up with any to begin with. :) I definitely agree with starting simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. check around for a small yoga place and try beginners yoga. You do not need special outfits :) I just go in pants and shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually bought a dvd at Meijers the other day with yoga. It has the 3 practitioners. One doing a setting version, one a modified version and the other more advanced. I am going to give that a go. My outfit of choice will be shorts and a tee-shirt.

      Delete
  3. I've been working out regularly (beginners level) but stopped a few weeks ago. Now I am waiting for the temperatures to drop a bit and then I will start again. But you are so right: every kind of exercise is good as long as it gets you out of that chair!
    Enjoy your yoga

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...