Monday, July 25, 2016

Chicken scratch

Everyday, work-a-day goings on.  Most days are a repeat scenario of the day before.  I wonder what these three gals have to gossip about, when all things are pretty much the same.  Is that what gossip is about?  Inventing and or sharing bits of information that gives a lift to the day.  I remember a bit of wisdom my dad had a habit of saying, "believe none of which you hear and only half of what you see."

I work on my own most days.  My home office is easy, convenient, and I don't have to pay the company an additional fee for space usage.  Besides I don't socialize well with most of the other sales reps.  Don't like 'em.  I can't work at the hard brisk pace that I used to and in sales it is usually about the next transaction.  There is a meeting today at office just about that; how to boost your production level, some new competition and strategy. Should I go?  Will I go?   After twenty years in this biz I have heard all the rah rah rah, sis boom bah I can take.  I just don't have anything in common with that group of chickens anymore.I hear that 'should'  and know, not to should all over myself.




CELTIC Lenormand - Chloe McCracken & Art work by Will Worthington

6 comments:

  1. Your post reminds me of my walks. One year I walked the same way every day (about a mile or so), and challenged myself to find something new or different every day. It made me look beyond what I expected to find to see what was actually there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is a good practice. Totally present in the moment.

      Delete
  2. great post. I'm much the same, that Hermit coming out. Or staying in. Hope you get a great sale this week while you ponder all your potential futures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am a Hermit. On one hand sales is good for me cause it forces me out. I hope for a great sale as well. Maybe I will do something really different and give the hens something to talk about this week.

      Delete
  3. Love this post. Hermit also and proud of it. Hermits not loners but people with much to contribute who need to retreat sometimes. You probably already know about it but Susan Cain's book Quiet was revelatory to me. She writes it's not only ok to be an introvert but t necessary. In a business world that equates noise and extraversion with productivity that was good to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read Susan Cains work. I will look the title up and author and put on my reading list. I love hearing about new authors, so thank you. +

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...