Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Burb, excuse me

The always delightful Nine of Cups has presented itself to me.  As I was shuffling and pondering the day ahead out jumps the 'wish card',  as it is designated in a lot of tarot literature. If I get a jumper card I have a tenancy to give the card some serious consideration. 
Yesterday I was having lunch with my niece at the local Panera Bread and we decided to dine alfresco.  There were a couple of sparrows hopping about prepared to grab a quick tossed tidbit. Now normally this is not something I engage in because it usually encourages other birds to gather in and then you can have a mess.  This one little sparrow hopped by and I can only say that it spoke to me.  It really did beseech me to share part of my sandwich.  I spoke back and we had a bit of conversation, I tossed it a bite, she grabbed it, and went on her  merry way.  Yesterday I drew a card with a bird in its bower and I thought here is my bird, my card of the day.  So what is this Nine of Cups with the tell tale signs of feathers telling about my bower bird of yesterday?  Guess I will wait and see how my day unfolds.  Maybe adding a little 'wishful' thinking to my day, though I may end up with a bit of indigestion.

4 comments:

  1. We were eating lunch one day in the middle of the forest (we'd been cutting firewood) and a sparrow flew in and lit on Rob's wrist and took little bites of bread. Oh to live in that world where size doesn't matter and all are friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How magical. What a great experience for you both. Rare and precious moments.

      Delete
  2. I have catbirds that have the curiosity of a cat. Normally they are hesitant to come out in the open, but if you're intently working in the garden they love to come watch. Probably hoping for a worm! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If robins see you out in the garden or flower patch they know the freshly turned dirt is most likely going to turn up a yummy worm.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...