Thursday, January 28, 2016

I am the Jewel

I often wonder who I would be if I was allowed the opportunity of self discovery.  What would the World be like if children could be children a little longer and be who they were born to be?  When I was a young girl we went to a preschool for just 4 weeks in the summer prior to 1st Grade.  Now they are starting children in school at like 2 and 3 years old.  The mechanics of education, A,B,C & 1,2,3.  What if we could be the poets, artists, jugglers, engineers, doctors, butchers, bakers, and candlestick makers that was innate in us?  What a wonderful world this would be.

Sometimes I think wistfully of who the other Carolyn would be now.  The nuns at the Catholic grade school taught with the limited vision that the Church and mainstream American academics called for.  I remember doodling.  I remember bits of poetry that Mother thought were a bit dark. I remember a nun in music appreciation class would not let me sing because I couldn't hold a note.  All the softer parts of life drummed right out me.  No wonder so many of us are adrift later in life looking for some kind of meaning.  Taking up this blog is helping me remember those bits of myself  that I had to put away so many years ago.

The GODDESS Tarot - Kris Waldherr

































1 comment:

  1. I hated physical ed...there were no sports I enjoyed partaking in, and I hated getting all sweaty because my hair got all curly, I hated group showers, someone was always making fun of someone. About 15 years ago by sheer accident I discovered yoga. Oh my gosh...if yoga had been offered in school I expect my life would have been so much better in so many ways. :) ah well, better late than never.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...